The Independent Futures that Work! project is a joint effort of the Parent Training and Information Centers (PTIs) in Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas.
The primary purpose of this 5-year project is to build the competence and confidence of young adults with disabilities in Region B-2 to access independent living and employment services so they can more successfully transition from the youth entitlement system to the adult eligibility system. Our Resource Center will also help family members and professionals improve their capacity to support these young adults with disabilities on their journey.
We are establishing a project advisory committee for our state to assist our project in meeting goals in the following areas:
- All stakeholders must have a voice in Resource Center activities;
- We need a clearer understanding of existing materials that would help young adults with disabilities transition from the youth entitlement system to the adult eligibility system;
- All new materials and services should be useful to young adults with disabilities and their families;
- Project materials must be available in print and digital formats, and services must be accessible through multiple channels;
- Professionals from the adult eligibility system should be able to partner with young adults with disabilities and their families; and
- All materials and services should improve the capacity of young adults with disabilities and their families to transition to independent living and employment.
Are you interested in being on the Louisiana State Advisory Committee?
If so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask about committee membership on the Louisiana State Advisory Committee for the RSA Independent Futures that Work project.
RSA Social Media Pages