January 5, 2023
Education and Young Children with Disabilities: So Many Questions! Caring for a young child with a disability is already overwhelming, and then they begin their education journey and even more knowledge and responsibility is required. This webinar can lighten the load a bit as we learn about:
- Transitioning from EarlySteps to school services;
- Evaluation requirements and timelines;
- Who qualifies for special education;
- Evaluation requirements for students in private schools;
- What to do if your child is struggling in school;
- How to handle bullying in school, and more!
Presenter: Sharon Blackmon, FHF of Greater New Orleans
Co-Host: FHF of Greater Baton Rouge
Audience: Parents, Caregivers, and Professionals working with students with disabilities or special healthcare needs.
To register, click on the link below. After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.